Phenomenal meal. Best I’ve had in a while. A new favorite restaurant. Can’t wait to try their brunch.
Smoked black cod and pickled beech mushrooms on some sort of mousse (didn’t catch it)
Seared Savoy cabbage in black garlic Caesar with boquerones and pecorino
- Cedar Plank Trout: almost certainly the best trout I’ve ever had. Really nicely done. It is a large dish, but a must-order if your party is big enough (or if you are really going all out like we were)
- The sunchokes were also phenomenal. I didn’t see them on the menu – might have just been something the chef was trying out on us.
- Cabbage Caesar: great flavors. Perfect amount of sear on cabbage. Too much dressing and cheese.
- The cioppino was great but the crab crostini was to die for.
- The oysters were good – oysters aren’t really my thing but I actually enjoyed the one I tasted. Love the presentation with the assortment of sauces.
- Camembert: delicious. Next time I go, if this is still on the menu I’m ordering it for dessert.
- Chocolate custard: ok. Didn’t blow me away (thank goodness because I was way too full for dessert)
These photos do not do any of the food justice. Dim lighting and I’m not a great photographer or photo editor.
Lovely date spot. Nice ambiance. Great location. Busy on a Saturday (will have to see about week nights). I am a big fan of Derek, the chef/owner (and Eric in Front of House), and I’m excited to see them doing so well.