Dear Siri Thai, you are my friend.
Siri Thai is not the kind of place you drive across town for, but it is the kind of place you are so glad to have 2 blocks away for takeout. They always give you a free appetizer (unfortunately it is almost always egg rolls…), they don’t charge for peanut sauce, they have brown rice, great service, and the portions are very large. Typically I like to order “medium,” but if I am feeling a little pathetic I would go mild. Always add 10 minutes to their time estimate on the phone.
- Eggrolls: Not into it.
- Potstickers: Into it.
- Crab/cream cheese fried things: Into it.
- Pad See Ew: Hearty portion. Lots of toppings so you don’t feel like you are eating only noodles and nothing else. Needs a side of peanut sauce obviously.
- Pad Thai: Tastes like pad thai. What you would expect.
- Pineapple Curry: We always get this. I like it, but all that is in here is chicken, pineapple, and tomatoes, in equal proportions. And neither of us like tomatoes…
- Red Curry: My preference of all the curries.
- Mixed vegetables: Tyler likes to order this. I think because the name makes it sound like we are just adding a scoop of health to whatever else we are ordering. It is basically the same as anything else on the menu except that the sauce is “house sauce” instead of some other more interesting sauce. This dish is not offensive but I would be fine to never order it again.
- Tom Yum: Yum!!! This is delicious. What is unfortunate is that the mushrooms are raw. But you can pick around them.
- Pad Ka Prau: Into it.
Things I’ve had and I think I liked but I didn’t write it down and I can’t remember exactly because it’s been a while:
- Lemongrass Chicken Pad Thai
- Chicken with crispy basil
Pictures of stuff:
Thai Iced Tea
Crab Puffs (with 2 complimentary potstickers)
Chicken Pad Ka Prau
Chicken Tom Yum
Tom Kha (no tomatoes)